I would call this back this backwards day. Professor Moss comes in and tells the whole class to move on the other side of the table and instead of facing the white board he made us face the windows. He starts writing on the windows with washable markers and begins his lesson. I don't think there was much of a point to doing so, but I think he did it to start off the day differently and capture our attention and as always make class enjoyable. Class went on and we had a group activity. Each one of us had a turn to speak which allowed everyone to participate in class which is one main thing professor Moss wants us to do. When we were discussing Moss asked me a question. "What is it that holds you back or what do you need or do in order to start on a project?" I answered by saying that I like to see others past work and their solutions to their problem and why it didn't work. I like seen what has been done, so I can fix it. His response to me was have you ever thought that by seeing others work limits you to do beyond what you think you can do. That response made me think very hard in long. I never really thought like that. I always thought to myself by seeing others work it would only benefit me, but now that he mentions that I second guess myself. What if by me not seen others work and just starting everything up from scratch would take me further. Since I don't have a clue to what my solution is suppose to look at I can think outside the box and actually go beyond my own expectations. I could easily create a whole new solution to a problem and even a better one that has already been created. I could approach my project from many different angles instead of sticking to some that have already been done before. Its not a bad thing to look at what solutions have been created already, but its also not the best way to do things. As a designer one must have their own techniques to approaching a problem and coming up with a solution, seen others work is a good back up resource if one is lost, but always try to do your own work first and see if that way works better. Finally towards the end of class he mentioned our last project. Now that is gan a have me thinking long and hard on what I present on my one minute video.
Adjectives:
1) Sarcastic- to mock someone, or over exaggerating
2) Appealing- pleasant to look at
3) Flamboyant- attracting attention for a certain aspect of someone or something such as, confidence, style
No comments:
Post a Comment