As soon as class began Professor Moss asked all of us to present our nine games we were assigned to do. I brought only six, but the types of games I chose to do were for young children. Such as, alphabet games, indoor soccer games, and food games. My assignment was incomplete, so I didn't get to present my ideas, but other class mates had some great ideas. For example, one student came up with a four player chest game and how you could built and alliance, or not, but the first one to king the other wins. Another game that grabbed my attention was a sling shot game that was presented by another class mate. The objective was to grab a card and it would tell you what object to hit and the team with more points wins. All games that were presented were great ideas. Professor Moss went over each one he could get to and gave his feed back. Even though he can seem kind of harsh with his remarks one can really benefit from what he says. I learned from him that a bad critic remark is not a negative, but a positive because not only do you know that its a bad idea, but you can fix it before you have a final presentation on your idea for a game. Moss is only trying to prepare us for what lies ahead, if we can't take what he says in class one can only imagine what is going to be said in the "real world." This day wasn't for me as productive as others, but that is my fault since my assignment was incomplete and I couldn't get much feed back on mine. I was able to present one idea and that was my ABC game. He asked me what difference does it have from a vocabulary technique a teacher uses and my response was it had the same concept, but it had to do more with the interaction between the players. He didn't say if that was a good idea or bad, so I was left blank, but by him doing so it helped me asked myself how can I make it better than just an exercise done in class, but really make it a game that is enjoyable for all children to play.
Adjectives:
1) Harsh- something that is rough,blunt, or mean
2) Outstanding- something good, great, successful
3) Monochromatic- using only one color, it describes the technique used
No comments:
Post a Comment