Sunday, February 26, 2012

Team work!! 2/21/12

Different! is what I would call this day. First off we handed our game briefs and a one to two page report on the Gauge speaker Kali Nikitas. Let start off by saying her presentation was very reading. I enjoyed everything she had to say about her choice in career and what let her to doing what she does now. Th greatest outcome I got from her was to do what I love and I'm good at. That will be a reward itself she said. Now back to class. So, in class today we had a group activity. Much different from the others, we were split into two groups. The game involved two objects being past around in the opposite directions of each other, but you couldn't pass the object till the name of that object was brought back to you saying yes that is so in so. This game was much harder than I expected it to be. As a group we ran into many problems. For example, once the object intersected one another, since it was sent in the opposite direction in a circle, students would get confused and we would have to start from the begging. We tried many solutions, such as changing the name of the objects from this is a "what" to this is a "who" to even calling them he and she. As well, as even changing the arrangements of the students so the object could intersect different people. That seemed to work for a bit, but yet for some reason we seemed to still mess up towards the middle. Professor Moss shows back into class and starts to tell us to pay attention more. Don't worry about what the name of the object is, but listen to when it is being passed to you. I didn't get what he meant, but he explained more. Moss mentioned to listen to the person who is next to you. Try not to remember what your suppose to say next, or when your turn is, but to listen when your spoken to. It took us a few more tries, but at the end we succeeded.

As always there is a catch to what professor Moss does to teach you something. He always seems to make it very fun for me. In the game exercise what I benefited off was learning how to listen and that making a something a habit can be bad. Each time we would pass around the object we would get use to the names and every time we would change the names we would get confused, so by us listening instead of making something a habit works much better. By us listening to each other when spoken to by your side partner we were able to get both objects all the way around in a complete circle. It can get confusing at times because to many things can be said at once, but I believe it is possible if one really pays attention to what is being said instead of thinking you already think you know what is going to be said then intact you will gather the information that was said.

Adjectives:
1) Capable- something or some one that can active a certain quality
2) Lacking- not having much, missing something
3) Mature- someone or something that has fully developed

No comments:

Post a Comment