Game day in class was quite interesting. We were instructed to bring one game each. It could of been a board game, a math game, building game, etc... The game I brought was Twister, but surprisingly it didn't get played with. I think it was the fact the its a very interacting game and people are shy, but thats just my opinion. We all went around class and picked out one game to play. Professor Moss would leave the class room and allows us to interact with one another by playing these games. When he came back he would ask questions, such as, "what was the game about?," "how did it make you feel,""did it teach you a lesson?" All these questions don't really seem to pop in my head when I'm playing, but when he asked I started to ask myself what that was. I didn't understand much how a simple game can have so much affect on a persons emotions and one can actually learn from them. For example, Monopoly it helps you understand how the economy is ran and how its all about owning property and by having money you yourself can run the show. Another example would be a dice game we played. It teaches you about taking chances and how sometimes by getting greedy you can "crap out" in other words lose it all. One never really stops to think how much of a thought process it takes to come up with a game. In order for a game to be successful it must grab the attention of the player, affect their emotion, have an outcome, and be able to make it a fun and interesting experience for the player. Professor Moss assigned this to us as an assignment for home. When it came down to doing so, it is much more complicated than it looks. Questions I had to ask myself were, "how can I be original?," or "do I want a maze game, card game, board game, etc..?" The outcome I got from this whole experience was that a game isn't just about winning or loosing, but the lesson you get from it. Either it made you learn something in life, or something basic as taking chances. If the game did any of these then it was successful.
Adjectives:
1) Kind- warming or a good hearted person.
2) Sarcastic- someone or something blown up out of proportion.
3) Mellow- something smooth, or calm, opposite of harsh.
No comments:
Post a Comment