Sunday, February 5, 2012

Movie Day Feb/2/12

Todays class session was not as pleasing as others. We started off by showing our H.W. assignment, which was to communicate visually on "how to get an A in Art22?" We went over our drawings as a class, but one stood out the most. A student in our class drew a Pie Chart instead of a Process Map. Professor Moss told us to come up with a tittle for it. We had a class discussion and threw ideas. Three stood out the most. First one was Grading Chart, second was Grade Breakdown, last was Grading Pie Chart. The class was suppose to choose one and it turned into a debate. Towards the end we chose as a class Grade Breakdown. Through out the whole process some students weren't participating and the choice came out to be by majority rule. I didn't like this very much and responded to it out loud of class. Im not sure if I offended someone, but it did capture Professors Moss attention. One thing I remember him telling me and agreeing with him was that sometimes when everyone tries to be a leader it makes those who are not, not be able to get a chance to share what they got. I took it as a self reflection comment and was optimistic about it. I learned that its ok to sometimes let others lead, to be quiet sometimes is helpful. That way those who have great ideas get the chance to speak out and who knows maybe their idea is a great one and by you putting in input after they express it, one can make it better. Class went on after that and Professor Moss presented us a movie called Sir Ken Robinson "Hammer Lectures." I learned quite a fews things from this film. For example, being good at something doesn't always mean stick to it, sometimes your even greater at doing something you love. The film gave an example of a pianist, and how she played the piano for years, but didn't love it, and now she is a writer and loves doing it. Leading to what I learned as well. People always do great doing something they love. I believe that is very true. I think people always apply themselves more to their work when they love it because they don't see it as a nine to five job, but as a passion that is a privilege to be able to do so. For example, myself, Im good at drawing, but my passion wasn't painting or sketching, it was computers. So, I took something I was good at, applied it to my passion with computers, and chose my career as a graphic designer. Honestly I couldn't have chose a better career for myself that I know I will succeed.

Adjectives:
1)Joyful- a sort of feeling, as well as an expression.
2)Glamorous- something beautiful, shimmery, capturing.
3)Gruesome- something that is horrifying, unpleasing to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment