Sunday, January 29, 2012

Class Question/Another day in Class

A couple of questions came up in class today. One was have I ever experienced fear based on my creative career choice. My answer to that is yes I have experienced fear. When I chose to be a Graphic Designer my biggest fear was do I have the creative ability to present a visual image and persuade others to buy or just pay attention to what my project is all about. I feared that my choice of career was going to have a lot of competition and wouldn't stand out from others. These were some of my fears but I over came these thoughts. The way I overcame this wasn't over night. Many events happened till I actually felt good about my choice in career. I first over came the shyness of showing people my work and instead of taking criticism in a negative way I processed the information and made it a positive. I became more optimistic towards my work. I told myself "my way of thinking is like no other, no one sees life the way I do but myself" and thats true. One may see a picture and think its just a house, but then I see not a house, but I see the architecture involved and how beautiful it is. So the main thing for me overcoming this fear was just basically learning from others points of views, gathering all the information, and processing it for a better outcome on my designs. As class went on we had an exercise were we took one of our images and changed the whole meaning about it. If an image would be of a person with no hands we would say something like "don't touch," even though the image was about a homeless man. We did this as a group which was great because this will help us when we have to work with others and gather up all thoughts and ideas. Ive never really had to do this type of exercise, but overall I thought it was a great way to learn how to gather not just one persons ideas but everyones and making them better. The biggest outcome I got from this is that a great idea will come to you when you least expect it. Don't over think a certain thing because that would only drive one crazy. Its best just to write down as many ideas as possible and have fun with it. There is no such thing as a bad idea, their are many just data pick the best one out of the many that their is.

Adjectives:
1)Suspenseful- a feeling one gets, such as, excited or anxious
2)Extraordinary- something that is unusual, not an everyday type of thing
3)Horrific- something horrible, unpleasing

No comments:

Post a Comment