Sunday, January 29, 2012

Class day 1/24/12

A very important topic came up in class today. The topic was "As a designer we must be able to write proposals." A proposal is an important tool a designer uses in order to persuade the customer. Our professor Jimmy Moss showed the class a short clip of a famous writer who's name was Elizabeth Gayle. We were instructed to pay attention to what she does and the types of techniques she uses to keep that audiences attention. I thought her proposal speech was really well thought out. She started off by telling us who she was and what it was she did. As she talked she not only spoke to the audience, but made them and myself feel as if she was relating to us. She gave examples of what people would say to her and the types of fears she had. By her doing so I felt like "ok maybe I'm not that crazy there are others who feel the way I do." This technique she used captured my attention very well. She also used a lot of similar examples and stories of others to help us understand her work and what she has gone through. As a designer we must be able to present our projects properly and with excitement that way we can keep the audience gauged. This short filmed helped me in the aspect of talking about my own work with excitement and gave me good pointers on the way I should address  others. I don't have to be what people call "by the book," but I can laugh at myself, show others that ok I'm not superman I do have fears as well as others do, and be able to just related to the audience and show them how passionate I am about my work. The only difference I would have that I won't take from the film is the speed she was going. I believe a good presentation is best when the speech is slow and everybody can catch what I say. Overall though I thought Mr.Moss short film presentation was a good example to show for us to learn on how to present a proposal to others and how to stand up in front of an audience. 

Adjectives:
1) Alluring- something that captures my attention, leads me looking to the same thing over and over again.  
2) Amazing- something that is above normal, something surprising.
3) Distinguished- something that stands out, a part in the image that we can all tell what it is, successful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment